It’s that time of year again, when the straw lawn ornaments and the turkey decorations come out, and family and friends gather to celebrate everything we’ve enjoyed so far, and to pay our respects to good fortune.
What am I thankful for?
- Weight loss; holy shit I can fit into my blazer that I couldn’t button two years ago!
- Some of the greatest friends that I’ve ever had the pleasure to make.
- That I’m finally getting into the rhythms of college life better than I had for the past two years.
- The package of chocolate chip cookies right next to me.
- The fact that, even though I’m spending Thanksgiving by myself, I’m not lonely – because I have plenty of stuff to keep me occupied. Positivism is a virtue!
- I think I’ve learned more about relationships over the past week than I have over the past couple of years.
- I found a new favorite restaurant to visit!
- I have a steady, high-paying job that allows me to buy whatever the hell I want within reasonable limits.
- Because, whatever life throws at me, I know that I’m strong enough to handle it.
Happy Thanksgiving, everyone – enjoy your cooked bird with all the fixin’s.